Friday, June 18, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #12 – 41 days to Move

Well - it's not looking too good right now. The offer submitted by the interloper has been accepted, conditional on the purchaser getting financing. 

So – tomorrow I go home (from the conference I'm attending in Guelph) to start a whole new search for a home. 

For anyone new, here's the situation in a nutshell:

After my world blew up in 2006, I had to sell our beautiful home of 28 years and strike out on my own, settle in a rented apartment and go back to school to develop marketable skills. It was a huge challenge – one I certainly never expected at the age of 60.

For the past four years, I have loved the quiet privacy of my rented home. It has been a wonderful place to heal, run my dog and build up my business.


Recently, my landlord broke the news that he would be needing my space for three more children he's inheriting as a result of his pending marriage!


At first, I hunted for another rental, not even considering the possibility of purchasing a home because I simply didn't have a down payment. However, when I was unable to find anything suitable that would take a pet, I began to wonder if God wanted me to purchase. I knew that if He did, He would supply the means. So – I called my realtor friend, explained the situation, went out and found the PERFECT place. Then I met with a mortgage broker and found out exactly what I would need in order for it to happen. Then I wrote quotations for business that could potentially supply the funds and gave the situation to God for Him to work out. I was quite aware of the fact that He could supply from a totally different source than I had imagined – if He wanted to perform the miracle.


Now someone else has trumped me with a conditional offer. 


This is the "blah" stage of the miracle. Like the children of Israel who set out with lots of hype and great expectations but found themselves wondering where God was as they plodded through the desert, I'm not seeing any great move of God right now. I'm thinking that anyone who has been following my blog is going to be getting pretty bored with the lack of evidence of anything supernatural going on.


However, just as God's plan was eventually revealed with the Israelites, His plan will eventually be revealed with me. You watch – in 41 days, the moving truck will pull up to my place at 8 a.m., load up all my worldly goods and take them to a place I'll love! I know it will happen! Let it be so, Lord!



No comments: