Saturday, October 8, 2011

Making Things Right

Today was Yom Kippur - the Day of Atonement. I haven't celebrated the Jewish feasts through the years, thinking that it's not necessary under the New Covenant. However, I've been thinking about it and the fact that they were to be a "lasting ordinance" and the possibility that observance of the feasts could bring a new depth to my understanding of God's plan.

Anyway, despite my desire to get some work done, I took the day off and did some reading about atonement and getting things right with God and man. So - remembering a relationship that was shattered many years ago, I called the person and asked if we could get together. Long story short, I extended forgiveness and requested the same of them. Before I left, my negative feelings had morphed into a genuine love! We hugged and expressed a desire to keep in touch. Wow! Amazing!

The transformation of an enemy into a friend is a miracle indeed!

No comments: