Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #39 – 14 days to Move

Whew! That was close! Had I not needed a miracle to buy this house, I would have gone ahead on my own and taken a step that was obviously not in God's plan. One great thing about not having a lot of resources is being dependent on God for every step. If it's not a step towards His best plan, He simply won't provide the resources for it!

Disappointed? Yes - but "weeping may endure for the night - but joy cometh in the morning!" I'll get over it and life will go on.

Last night, Jane and Jane-Anne came to help pack (all they've left me are two cups, one fork, one knife and one spoon for two weeks!). It was great having my girlfriends here because the last few days have been filled with suspense and it would have been difficult to be alone. I didn't say anything about not looking forward to this last nail-biter day, but Jane-Anne felt she wanted to come back and it was so great having her here for company on this last day of the count down.

This morning we had coffee and an incredible time of prayer - a great way to start the day. She brought one of her favorite CDs and so we rocked the apartment with praises to God as we packed. When it got hot, we took some cool drinks up on the hill under the maple tree and gorged on the beauty all around. I started to sing (not usually something anyone wants to hear!), but today I felt as though I could hit any note. My voice was clear and the words of special songs rolled through my remembrance, song after song. It's a rare and special memory (as my kids and grandkids can appreciate!)

I know Lola will miss the hill as much as I. The first four years of her life have been spent chasing balls on the hill, discovering scents of wild turkeys, barking at the cows and horse in the next field and lying beside my chair as I soak in the creation all around. It has been a great place to re-discover myself, find a fresh relationship with God and grow into my new life.

While my hopes have been high that I would be able to live in my own home once again, I accept this outcome as a sign that God has a better plan, to which I am not yet privy. While I don't look forward to moving into another rental, I am grateful that a lovely one has become available in Uxbridge where Lola will be welcome and I shall have adequate space for my needs.

I have a strong sense that, while this step did not turn out according to my wishes, the outcome is good and God has a plan. As a matter of fact, I am so sure He is doing something far more special than I could have imagined, that I am going to continue to blog daily. I am feeling very connected to those who have walked this journey with me and would like to continue so that when God's best plan unfolds, I will be able to share it and He will receive the glory He so richly deserves. :)

And so this is the last post of the "Anatomy of a Miracle" series. Tomorrow's post will have a different title.

Was this whole thing just a dumb exercise in futility? I don't think so. I think we need to live our lives aware of the possibility of God's supernatural intervention in the circumstances of our lives and giving Him openings to display His mighty power and grace. Only He knows whether the opportunities we provide for Him will be for our good. He is not a God who will show off and allow us to suffer in the process. In this case, He was willing to look as though He doesn't answer prayer or was not able to supply because apparently He knew that filling my request was not in my best interests. He is a wonderful Father. He loves us and we can trust His judgment in the matters of our lives. :)

2 comments:

Journey Girl Talking said...

You wrote: "Was this whole thing just a dumb exercise in futility?"

I totally don't believe it was. Everything we go through in this life has purpose and meaning. I believe one of God's goals in our lives it to change us into better people and with the right attitude, the one you've shared with us, we move forward, sometimes step by painful step, but God is so proud of you in this, in how you responded and He sees the growth! I see Him sitting back, arms crossed saying to Jesus & HS, "see my girl? Isn't she wonderful?"

Keep blogging, it is indeed a rich encouragement!
blessings ........... Journey Girl

Janet Sketchley said...

Diane, your transparency through this journey has inspired and challenged me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! I think that how a person conducts herself when God does not do what she hopes says more about her faith than when He does. It may be that He will get more glory through your loving trust now than had He given the more exciting miracle of the funds. You still have a miracle--a quiet one that He will use.