Friday, July 30, 2010

Home

Finally unpacked in my new home! After all the drama of having to move and struggling to find God's direction for the path ahead – I'm home!

My friend Jane-Anne stayed until about 2 a.m. after the movers left on Wednesday and we plowed through box after box, eventually turning confusion into the cozy charm of a my new abode. We were exhausted (having been up since 6 a.m.), hot and sweaty with the high humidity, but determined to finish the kitchen, living room and dining room that night. Indulging in intermittent showers, we finally put the last detail in place.

Every once in awhile during the move, the Lord would give me a special little boost – like the little scripture in the bottom of a box, handwritten my my mom who died in 2005, "Old things have passed away – all things have become new," and the little scrap of paper that spiraled from nowhere to the floor – a scrap with a hand-drawn ballerina on one side and a little note on the back, "I love you Grandma, love Bethany." Treasures amid the mess.

Today, I've organized my office and am back at my computer, ready for the next leg of this journey called "life." I wonder what is ahead. It was so strange that I had to move and my work with 100 Huntley Street ended at the same time. I know God has a plan – but what is it?

When my life came crashing down in 2006 and I had to go back to school and develop a new career, I desperately needed income. One Wednesday afternoon, Jane and Jane-Anne and I were praying that God would open a door for work for me. When I got home, there was a message on my answering machine from Karen Stowell, the editor of the Crossroads Compass, asking if I would be interested in being the graphic designer for the magazine! The message noted that a couple of other people were being considered for the position, but if I was interested, I could let her know. That information didn't worry me one whit, because I knew the job was mine! There was no way that our prayer could be followed by such a remarkable 'coincidence!' This was a God-incidence and I knew it. I just had to wait for confirmation – and it came a week later! That was the beginning of a wonderful 22 months of designing the Compass with Karen, followed by two months where I was given the position of interim managing editor while Crossroads made the transition to doing the magazine internally with its merger with CTS.

And now I'm ready for the next step. How wonderful to know that the God of the Universe is my agent, out there opening the doors for my career path. Sometimes I think it would be so amazing if He could just phone and deliver His messages!

NOTE - Please pray for my sister Dona who will have surgery for colon cancer on Aug. 3rd.

1 comment:

Journey Girl Talking said...

Happy to hear you are somewhat settled and looking forward to a new chapter in this journey of life!!

Blessings to you and Lola as you make this your new home!