Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #2 - 51 days to Move

Fifty-one days to go before I have to move - and no miracle yet in sight to enable me to secure the purchase of a home.

I called the newspaper to see if I could get a jump on the rental ads, but the girl in advertising is looking for the same kind of apartment that I need - so - fat chance there. Yesterday I heard of a girl who is moving out of a farmnouse on the Island that I might be able to rent – but even if it has enough space and they'll take a dog, the utilities will be high and there will no doubt be a lot of grass to cut and snow to shovel.

So - I'll go and look, but am going to hang on for my miracle - $40,000. down payment and closing costs on the perfect little house on the little lot on the lake. :)

I think it was Paul Yonggi Cho who first spoke of being "pregnant with a miracle." He needed a bicycle to be able to pastor his church in China. So he trusted God to supply him with a bicycle - so much so that he told every one that he was "pregnant with a bicycle!" Sure enough, God delivered the bicycle in a way that left no room for doubt that it was, indeed, a miracle!

But Paul Yonggi Cho is a man. What does he know about pregnancy except how to get that way and the fact that everybody rejoices at the time of birth? But I'm a woman, and I'll tell you that there's a whole lot that happens between the planting of faith for a miracle and the day of delivery! There's concern about whether everything will deliver the way you hope, impatience for the day to arrive, depression because you can't go ahead and do the things you dream of doing until the baby arrives, worry about what others will say if your baby isn't as wonderful as you tell them it is going to be, concern for the proper development of the child, frustration that you can't see what's going on inside and hope for happy days ahead. Some days you're full of zest and energy, working towards the fulfillment of the delivery and some days you just feel like crap.

But then! When that baby is born, no one can understand the reality of the miracle of birth more than a mother. It's overwhelming to see how God has formed ten perfect little toes, perfect little rosebud lips and eyes that see all the way into the heart brimming with love.

So - yes. I'm pregnant with a miracle. I KNOW that God is at work, knitting circumstances together that I can't see. But I don't know if it's a boy or a girl – a rental or a purchase. I hope it's a purchase because I don't want to live subject to the whims of a landlord whose circumstances may change, requiring me to load up my life and move again. I want stability again  – a place I can put down some roots – a place my grandchildren will know as "Grandma's house." I want a place where I can gather my family around me once more in a place we can call "home." I'm tired of flushing rent money down the drain when it could be building security for the days ahead.

I'm glad that I don't have to wait another nine months for this delivery! Just 51 days, max. Hopefully, it will even be premature!

No comments: