Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #11 – 42 days to Move

Tum de dum dum... still tapping my fingers, waiting for word on the progress of the interloper's offer on "my" house.

Will the owner accept the offer, throwing my hopes and plans into a tailspin, opening the way for more clarity on God's direction for me – or will the offer fall through, maintaining the possibility that this is God's direction for me?

It doesn't really matter because I have given the whole thing to God. It's in His hands.

I've been down this road before. When the boys were little and we lived in Beaverton, I started to pray for a large home because we had outgrown ours. A house came on the market that I thought would be PERFECT for our family. We put an offer in on it on Valentine's Day, conditional on us selling ours. I was SO excited - could hardly wait to get into our new place and start making it our own. On Good Friday, a firm offer trumped ours, giving us only three days to firm up our offer or lose the house. Well - ours didn't sell in those three days and so we lost that wonderful place on Easter Monday. I was SO disappointed!

A few months later, a beautiful home that I had always admired in the country was partially burned. It went on the market under power of sale and we were able to purchase is, restore it and call it home for 28 years – at a fraction of its real value. Situated on 50 acres of land, that house grew with us through the seasons of life – raising our sons in it, running a vibrant youth group of about 50 kids, hosting many meetings and memorable functions, adding an apartment for Mom & Dad when they needed to come to live with us, turning the 1300 sq ft family room into offices when we started our production company, and then accommodating our grandchildren and their friends through their growing-up years. It was a wonderful home – vastly superior to the one I had imagined to be "perfect" for our family.

God knew what we needed far better than I. He has a track record in my life. I can trust Him.

I'll be very disappointed if someone else's offer is successful on "my" little house – but I'll get over it – especially when I see what God had in mind all along!

Tum de dum dum... stay tuned...!

No comments: