Friday, June 11, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #5 – 48 days to Move

I booked the movers today. Even though I haven't got a clue where I'm moving to, I thought it might be a good idea to at least make sure I have help to get there!

My friend Jane and I went to look at another possible rental - another dead end.

Then my other best friend, Jane-Anne, called me over to her house on another matter. While there, I asked her to pray for my situation. As we prayed, she felt a strong assurance that the Lord was saying, "It will be granted."

Both Jane and Jane-Anne walk very closely with the Lord. They know Him and they hear His voice. We have had some astounding answers to prayer together. For example, it was after one of our prayer times when we had been praying for work for me that I came home and found a message on my answering machine from Karen Stowell, then the managing editor of the Crossroads Compass. She was calling to ask if I would be interested in the position of graphic designer for the Crossroads Compass! It was a direct answer to our prayers. Another miracle. That was over two years ago, during which time I have designed 26 issues of the Compass!

Jane-Anne and I drove out to "my" house last week and prayed for God's provision. Two days prior to that, my realtor and I had stood in the kitchen, joined hands and prayed that God would make a way. As Jane-Anne and I sat in the car and discussed possibilities two days later, I commented that it would be so nice to be able to open the front door and the back door and let the fresh air blow through. She looked shocked and said, "Just before you said that, I heard God say, 'Let the wind blow!'"

Truthfully, today has been a tough day. Sometimes it's difficult to hold on for a miracle. I found myself getting a bit down today. As I analyzed the source of my depression, I realized that I had opened the doors for Satan to get to me in a time of weakness. For instance, yesterday, I took offense to a comment made by a dear friend. So - the offense freely rumbled around in my mind, causing unrest and negativity. There were about three such situations where I could see that it was my negative responses to life that formed the foundation for my depression.

So - I turned my back on the nasties and started to sing praises to God in hopes of dispelling the darkness. As I walked down the lane singing, my friend Jane drove in towards me, put her window down and laughed, "Are you going senile talking to yourself - or are you singing???" I ended up taking a drive to the mall with her and her daughter and her daughter's little friend, both of whom kept us laughing and chatting away the gloomies. Now I'm home, feeling great and ready to face tomorrow - just 47 days away from my move.

No comments: