Monday, June 7, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle

It occurred to me this morning that we tell about miracles God performs in our lives after they happen – but people don't get to see the process of the unfolding of the miracle. Sometimes God acts suddenly in our lives with spontaneous miracles – but most often there's a process of believing Him for a serious need and then watching Him respond, step by step, as He knits the necessary circumstances together.

Right now, I need a miracle.

Four years ago, I had to sell my beautiful home of 28 years due to a huge upheaval in our family.
Suddenly, after 38 years of marriage, I was living all alone (with my little cockapoo Lola) in a rented apartment in Port Perry.

Now, four years later, I have been told that I have to find new digs because my landlord is getting married and is inheriting four new heirs - for whom he needs my space.

While it was a shock, I feel confident that God has a plan and, just as He led me to this beautiful place, He has another home prepared for me. I just have to find where it is!

I have been looking for another apartment for the past month and am hitting nothing but dead ends. Everything is either too small or refuses pets. So - despite the fact that I'm just getting back on my feet financially after our enormous upheaval, I started to wonder whether God wants me to buy rather than rent. The only problem is that I have absolutely nothing for a down payment.

However, I have seen God work miracle after miracle in my life - and I don't see why He would stop now. He has totally looked after me for the past four years while I went back to school, developed new skills and opened my new company, byDesign Media.

When I told my friend Moira that I was "pregnant" with a miracle, she said that I needed to write about it when it happens.

I decided to start writing now - before it happens, so that anyone who is interested can witness the anatomy of a miracle!

Here's what has happened so far:

May 1 - I was told that I have to move by July 29th. I began the hunt for an apartment - word of mouth, newspapers, store bulletin boards...

Then Mike (the builder of my solarium) suggested that I look at the home he is renovating in Caesarea, because the owner might consider renting it. I investigated and loved the house. However, after about two weeks of indecision, the owner decided he couldn't afford to rent and would have to sell.

So - the hunt started again. Everything was a dead end.

At this point, I thought maybe God was closing the doors because He wanted me to purchase instead of rent.

So I contacted a realtor to find out what was available. Kim Blakely (realtor) found the perfect little home for me - all the space I need, maintenance free (just 7 years old) small lot without too much upkeep - and it's on the water!!! The desire of my heart!!

So - I decided that if I want to see a miracle, I have to open the door for God to show Himself to be God. I called a bank mortgage broker who checked my credit (all good) and laid out the realities of what I need - a $30,000. mortgage with about $10,000. more for closing fees, my move, etc.

$40,000.

Where will it come from? Will God make it possible for me to buy? It will take a miracle. Stay tuned for the step by step journey to a miracle!

No comments: