Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #4 – 49 days to Move

I have received a few interesting responses to my blog. One reads:

"Still praying and believing that the Lord will wonderfully provide 'that dream house by the Lake' for you.  Are you not reaching a bit too far ...God provides needs not wants or desires!"

I think this fellow has gotten it in his mind that I'm looking at a luxurious lakefront property with a Country Homes and Gardens mansion on it.

Quite the contrary. This is a little two-bedroom house, modest and functional which happens to be on the lake - but in an area that has not been popular for real estate, so it is very economical. I have to admit that the hackles rose on my neck a bit because I have worked very, very hard, particularly over the past few years of trying to get reestablished and I do believe that God does provide the desires of our hearts - as long as they are not greedy and are in line with His desires for us. This is not a situation where I have suddenly decided that I want to upgrade my circumstances. The Lord knows that I would have been happy to rent exactly where I am for the rest of my life. I'm happy here. However, that's not possible. My landlord needs my space by July 29th and so I have to move. No choice. However, I can't find a suitable place to rent and so am exploring the possibility of purchasing. What would be wrong with God giving me a place on the water? He knows how I yearn for the water after all of my years of being raised beside it. He knows how I would love to have a happy place for my family to gather together once again. He also knows that I would be delighted to live in a hut in the desert if His presence was with me!

My response to my friend was:

"The Lord knows whether this is a need or a want and He will give me what He deems appropriate, suitable and functional. He knows how I am scouring the market and the fact that this is actually a very economical property - just 40 feet wide and 70 feet deep. It's not very big. My God is not stingy and neither am I. I give all I can give to Him and He does the same for me. God is a good God."

It occurred to me yesterday that a great way to raise funds for my down payment would be to run a sale. With that in mind, I sent out the following e-mail:

To my clients...
Here’s a great (and rare) opportunity to save!
Any new projects booked and prepaid prior to June 25th are eligible to receive a 5 percent discount and avoid the new tax on services including:

Graphic Design
Editing
Writing
Self-Publishing

Please don’t hesitate to request a no-obligation quotation!
Sincere regards,
Diane

Now - just suppose that the funds come rushing in and I am able to put an offer on “my” house, does that mean that I fixed the situation and no longer need a miracle?

Absolutely not. I believe that all good things come from God and it is He who gives us the ideas, the imagination, the energy and the ability to see our dreams become reality. It is He who would put it in the hearts and minds of potential clients to use my services. Scripture says that angels are ministering servants, sent to assist God’s children. I believe that when we pray, God dispatches His angels to help us with our daily affairs and the intricacies of our lives.

Hmmm... 49 days! It’s going to be fun to see how God works this one out!! :)

No comments: