Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #16 – 37 days to Move

This is AMAZING!

Yesterday, I flipped my Bible open to Psalm 40 and read vs. 17 prior to reading the passage where I am in Isaiah. It said, "Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliver; O my God, do not delay."

It resonated so deeply with me that I repeated it over several times out loud. I had just blogged about how  "I was thinking that I may be overestimating my value to God in supposing that He would even have me on His mind, let alone actually intervene in my life..." That blog was two days ago and this scripture really spoke to the issue of the Lord thinking of me, seeing my need but being my help and deliverer. Then the prayer of the psalmist was that God would not delay - also my prayer because I need to have the down payment in the bank by this weekend.

Now – are you ready for this????

I subscribe to a prophetic devotional called "Small Straws in a Soft Wind" by Marsha Burns. Today, her scripture was Psalms 70:5 "But I am poor and needy; make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay."

Coincidence? Not on your life. It's a God-incidence. He is on it! He is with me. All I have to do is trust Him.


My realtor, Kim Weatherhead,  just called me with another house that has just come on the market. She thinks it is perfect for me but wanted me to go to see it right away because someone else is showing it at 11:30 this morning and she says it won't last long. I told her that I can't go because I have a deadline on a brochure for today and I wouldn't be able to put an offer on anything until I have the down payment anyway.


However, she did say that the original house I wanted has still not been finalized. It was conditional on the buyer arranging financing. It is apparently 99% sure that they will get it - but God can work in 1% – or less!


All I know is that I am not anxious because God is in control. He holds my life in the palm of His hands and I can trust Him to make a way where there seems to be no way. Whether it is this home or a totally different one – whether I buy or rent – He has a home for Lola and me. :)

1 comment:

k8sministry said...

Hey Diane. Its Kate. Make sure you're hearing directly from the Holy Spirit in all of this because its the daily, moment to moment relationship with Holy Spirit Jesus desires. In the midst of this fellowship with Holy Spirit, comes the communication between each other. You know this is accomplished by using your tongues without ceasing and as you be still in His rest, He will respond. Did you ask Him specifically where He wants you to live? Did you ask Him specifically if He wants you to own or rent? These are things you need to inquire of Him because its His plan for your life, what He has in store for you, all for His purposes and glory. Anything less might end you up off course, leaving not hearing His voice warning you as such. Blessings.