Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #7 – 46 days to Move

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland...because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland...that they may proclaim my praise." Isaiah 43:18,19

This scripture has been given to me over and over again over the past four years – and was given to me again a couple of days ago. As a matter of fact, when I was packing to move from my home four years ago, as I took some things out of a cupboard, a scrap of paper fluttered to the floor with that verse written in pencil on it. A friend who was helping me pack picked it up and said "Look at this!" I did not recognize the handwriting and did not remember ever having seen it before. We were mystified. Where had it come from? I still don't know! But why has this verse been given to me over and over in the intervening years at moments I least expect it?

Maybe God thinks I simply need reassurance of His presence sometimes. I know that this move is all part of His plan. What is He doing? I don't know. But I am excited about what is ahead because He knows what He's doing and that's all I need to know. I'm not alone.

Yes – I may be going out on a limb telling everybody that I'm on the edge of a miracle and that I believe God is going to provide a down payment for me to purchase a home. But what is faith if you don't really believe that God is doing something?

There are times in my life when I've been wrong - big time. There have been times that I've looked pretty dumb when I've been wrong – like the time I wrote a book on Y2K because I really believed that it was going to happen.

SO - because there have been times that I've been wrong, should I just keep quiet now about believing that I'm on the edge of a miracle? Maybe I should, but if I can't reach up to God in a time of need and really expect Him to respond, I might as well curl up in a fetal position and suck my thumb. If God comes through this time, as I really believe He will, I want every one to know about it! I want people who have mocked me to see that God is real and wonderful after all! I don't care about looking foolish anymore, but I get so tired of people not understanding how big God is and how He longs to be part of their lives. I want Him to be appreciated and praised for who He is and how He loves us. I don't want anyone to miss the opportunity to see His reality.

And what if I'm wrong? I need the full down payment (about $30,000.) in the bank by the 26th of June because it has to sit in the account for a full 30 days prior to closing. Plus I'll need another $10,000. or so for closing expenses, etc. I know of several possible sources for seeing this become reality. There are several people who have expressed a desire to have me produce books for them and I've offered discounts to them if they prepay their projects by June 25th. On the other hand, God may have a resource planned that I know nothing about. But I know it can happen – and I have a rock-solid feeling inside that it's going to happen.

So what if the 26th of June comes and the down payment is not there? Then I may be mocked again, but I'll know that God has a better plan and I'll eventually get to tell you all what it is! :)

No comments: