Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #10 – 43 days to Move

Well – today is not a high point in the anatomy of my miracle.

My realtor called and said that someone has put an offer in on "my" little house. She'll call and let me know what happens - whether or not it has been accepted. I have to admit that the news made me a little shaky because I so dearly hope to be able to live on the water.

However – this is just a little more drama – which is as it should be in the anatomy of a miracle.

God loves drama. Some of the greatest examples of high drama are stories from the Bible:
  • when the fleeing Israelites were caught between the Red Sea and the Egyptian army chasing them from behind
  • when Joseph's brother's stole his coat of many colours and threw him into a pit 
  • when Daniel was thrown into a den of lions 
  • when Mary and Martha called on Jesus to come to the aid of Lazarus before he died
  • when little David faced Goliath with nothing but a slingshot and a smooth little stone
  • to name a few!
All of those stories not only had happy endings, but have been used in all of these intervening years to encourage believers in their faith in a mighty God. If there hadn't been such high drama, would we have remembered the stories of faith?

In comparison to those stories, my little drama today is insignificant. It's interesting that the same day by which I need to see a miracle happen to my bank account is exactly the same day by which James Robison needs to see a miracle for his feeding program for the children in Uganda. Now there is a drama worthy of great note – one to which I look forward to contributing.

But the amazing thing about our Father God is that every drama in our lives – whether big or small – is of great interest to Him. He is not a God who gets so involved in the great dramas of life that He has no time for our piddly little challenges – no – He is omnipresent – present in the needs of the children in Uganda and present in my comparatively insignificant need. His love overflows to His dearly loved children.

God knows my heart. He knows that the movers are booked for the 28th of July because I have to be out of my present logings by the 29th. He has a plan. The fact that there is an offer on the house I hope to be able to purchase is no big deal. If He wants me to have that house, the offer won't be accepted. If it is accepted, He has a better plan for me.

Irregardless – my life is in His hands and I trust His working in my life.

No comments: