Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Anatomy of a Miracle – Post #9 – 44 days to Move

Hmmm... Only 44 days to go now, huh?

This is getting more and more exciting.

In my past experience, it has often been the midnight hour before there is any breakthrough to a miracle. The interesting thing is that I used to get all stressed out wondering where God was in difficult situations. The further I go down this road of faith, the less stressed I get - because I know from so much experience that God will make a way where there seems to be no way.

I know that the moving truck is going to pull up at my door in 44 days. What I don't know is where I'll direct them to take all of my worldly belongings. But am I stressed? No... now, I have to be honest and say that I have had a couple of down days, feeling the insecurity – but Peter had some down times, too – like when he took his eyes off of Jesus, stopped trusting, got his eyes on the circumstances and started to sink!

I find that if I start to look at my circumstances with eyes of this world, I start to sink too. I'm a goner. Done. Toast. History. The natural way of this world would be to scramble around with fear biting at my heels and randomly take a place where God never meant me to live. But I have not been given a spirit of fear: I have been given a spirit of power and love and a sound mind! (IITimothy 1:7). Yay!! I don't have to be afraid, even in the times of greatest insecurity. My circumstances might be insecure – but my positioning in Christ is as solid as a rock. He is My anchor. He is my supplier. He is my realtor. He is my mortgage broker. He is my Father and He loves me. He will not see His child left stranded.

And so – this day is almost over. Tomorrow it will just be 43 days until the movers arrive.

I can hardly wait until I can post to you, "It happened! God broke through and He has cleared the way to my new home."

No comments: